Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Winter in Austin....

Hey guys! I'm back with another "what I wore" post. I'm making it more of a habit to document such occasions. The Mister has been very patient with me when asking for help, he's really good at making me laugh and it shows in the pictures. It's been very mild weather this winter.... we did get a few morning frosts but nothing major. It's always sunny here so that's good for me, I need the sun to keep me happy..... coming from Ohio where it was almost always grey and gloomy. I do miss Ohio though.... mostly during Fall, the winters I can do without. This morning was a very productive one. Mostly chores and errands to run.... we managed to squeeze in this quick photo session before we went out to dinner with another couple (Jodi and David Hopper at Hop Doddy's Burger Bar. We've never been there before but it's supposed to be a "big thing" here in Austin. The line was sooooo long. Thank JC we arrived 30 minutes early. It was at least a 20 minute wait to get in but was well worth it. Jodi and I got to know each other through an event that we both participated in. We both had our booths set up at The Austin Chili Cook off and things didn't seem to go as well as we had planned. We both didn't make out very well that day but we ended up chatting it up and decided it would be a good idea to share a booth for First Thursday. Jodi is the creator and owner of
Art Genius where she buys Lego's and revamps them in to all sorts of creative jewelry. From necklaces to cuff links. She also sells locally at Parts & Labour. Make sure to check out her Etsy shop online.



These images were taken out in our backyard. We are so lucky to live near undeveloped property so we can explore and find new places to take pictures. I know I say that all the time...In the spring it's so beautiful with fields full of bright colored wild flowers and in the winter there are hills of tall grass that look like waves when the wind blows. It really is a peaceful place to escape from the city.


Matt purchased this dress from So La for me. He really does have a gift! He knows how much I adore
So La.


The ring I purchased at F21 and the bracelet I got from a garage sale.


I got lucky and found these booties at Goodwill.


The belt is also thrifted.


All in all it was a very good day. I haven't seen Jodi and David in such a long time. Last time I hung out with them is when Jodi announced that she was 3 months pregnant and now she is 7 months along! How time flies... she has the most adorable baby bump ever. It's so incredible to see your friends become parents. It's quite a shock. I'm sure I will be crocheting tons of baby garb for their little munchkin. Until next time.

Dress: So La
Tank: So La
Tights: Target
Ring: F21
Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: Thrifted

xoxo