Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sunday fun day....

This last Sunday Matt and I had the best time. We woke up early and cleaned the house 
(that wasn't the fun part) and got ready to So La..... my favorite store. I had to take back a Christmas present that Matt bought me because it was too big. I ended up exchanging the dress for another one that we both liked much better. Matt's so good about going shopping with me, he never complains. Well... almost never. After that we went to The Great Outdoors. We haven't been there in so long. The Great Outdoors is our favorite nursery to get our plants at. They have the best selection and the staff is always friendly..... not to mention all the cool stuff they have there. We took a look around and decided on a different type of cactus that we don't have yet. It's so cute and tiny! We also got two bags of mixed cacti seeds. We have a little project in mind for this spring. We have this old clay fire pit that was given to us by friends that were moving. Well the bottom dropped out of it but we put a board in the bottom and plan to plant the cacti in it along with some succulents. It's going to look amazing! 



Excuse the brown grass.... this was taken in our front yard before we left. Matt managed to take a few quick photos before we left. As you can see Matt is adding an addition onto our house. He is creating a screened in porch and is almost finished. All he has to do now is build the screens and install them. He is such a handy man. He even built me a studio in the backyard.


I love the ruffles on this shirt..... I always like to be a little girly.




I've been wearing my hair up in top knots lately. It's easy and I like that I can add a bow or a headband to spruce it up.


These are new boots that Matt purchased for me at Strut. I love strut! They always have an amazing selection. They are so comfy and I can wear them over my skinny jeans and with dresses.


The Great Outdoors has the coolest yard decorations. I'm a big fan of owls.





This is kinda the idea that Matt and I are going for. you can see the bowl which is filled with a layer of potting soil (the plants are them added) and then covered with a layer of specialty gravel or rocks. Isn't it cool? We plan to put it in our new screened in porch area.


This is the cactus we decided on. It's always easy to pick out plants with Matt because we usually always like the same thing. We are really excited about starting our little cacti seedlings. Matt has been saving cardboard egg crates all winter so that we can use them for starter plants. Welp... that's it for Sunday Funday. Hope you've enjoyed it.

xoxo