Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blog of the Month with Tieka of Selective Potential

I decided to start a new monthly post called "Blog of the Month" where I pick my favorite Blogs to share with all you you. I think it's a nice way to show who I admire and where I get my inspiration from. I decided to choose a blog that I read on a daily basis and that has inspired me to create a blog of my own.
This first month I have selected Tieka of Selective Potential. Tieka has been an inspiration to me from the moment I stumbled onto her blog. Instantly I was immersed in pictures of beautiful clothing and Michigan snow! What a treat! I have never been so thrilled. Here I was reading about Tieka's life and looking at all her glorious clothes.... clothes that I have only dreamed about. It was so exciting to see her and all her adventures. I don't know why I had never thought of starting a blog... I knew they existed and have seen a few but didn't realise that there is a whole wide world of young hip women blogging about their daily lives.

Meet Tieka. Isn't she just adorable. Well not only is she super cute.... she is also super nice. I contacted Teika a little over a year ago to ask for some tips and suggestions on how I could spruce up my blog. She checked it out and responded right away with very good advice indeed. I think it's very sweet of her to reach out and help her follow bloggers, since she is such an inspiration to a lot of people I'm sure. Here's some of my favorite outfits and posts from her very lovely blog.



 Not only are her outfits amazing but the scenery is breath taking. You'll be delighted to see light houses, apple orchards, covered bridges and much more.
 I guess that's just the explorer in her.

 

 Tieka runs an awesome blog but she just so happens to be a very accomplished 26 year old woman as well. She graduated with a BFA in in graphic design and digital media and is currently a full time graphic designer. She is musically talented as well and plays in a punk band called Circle Maybe with some of her close buds.



It's interesting know that Tieka started her personal style blog because she dropped 35 lbs by following weight watchers and running to lose weight. What a great success story! Read more about her story here.


This is one of my favorite outfits! I just love how flattering this dress is.
The dress, the tights, the hat...... Perfection. See Bruce Mansion post here.


I adore this blouse. The overall look is simply adorable... check out Ron's Auto.


Lastly..... Cave spelunking in Jeffery Campbell shoes! See more spelunking here.

If you want to see more of Tieka's awesome life then head on over to

I hope you've enjoyed my first "Blog of the Month" post.... there are many more to come.
Keep those comments coming!

xoxo