Sunday, January 27, 2013

Our weekend away.....


The Mister and I and our little lovie Lucy are hitting the road this weekend. We are headed to Port Aransas,  our favorite get away place. It's supposed to be in the 70's all weekend so it should be amazing! We can't wait for our feet to touch warm sand.....I  think Lucy is secretly missing it as well. 
This is a much needed mini vacation for us. Things have been especially hard for my side of the family at the moment.... my Dad was diagnosed with Leukemia a little over a year ago and he remained at stage zero, which means at they stage they just monitor him and take his blood on a monthly bases. Now he has recently progressed to stage two and is starting Chemotherapy. It's really hard on our family since he was also let go right before he was diagnosed..... then later followed his Mother's (Grandma's) death. It's been one thing after another for us and it isn't getting any easier especially with me being ill for the past few years as well. I've finally found balance with the medication that I'm taking for seizures and am slowly starting to work out again and get back into shape the way I was before. All of this has really made our family realize how important our relationships are. It has brought us closer together and even though I'm far away in Austin and my family is in Ohio I still call them on a regular bases to check up on them and see how Dad is feeling. 
I know this is a lot to take in and I apologize, this isn't supposed to be a sad post. It's about being able to get away from all the hubbub of day to day life and spending time with the ones you love and creating moments together. I'm excited to get to spend 4 days with my wonderful and very supportive husband who has been there with me through it all. So as you are reading this I will be soaking up the sun, laying on the beach with a nice adult beverage, with Matt and Lucy by my side. I will return with many photo's and good stories to share.
xo