Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year..... new you

I'm loving the new items in stock at Ruche. I just adore the color block dresses. I made a promise to myself as silly as it seems that I'm going to take more fashion risks and really start to expand my wardrobe. I'm working on my weight this wear and trying to concentrate on my health since last year was so hectic. My health is very important to me now... being ill really makes you realise how precious your life is. With this whole new process ahead of me I want to start collecting key pieces here and there. The items that I have selected have more color which is what I'm trying to add in to my existing daily wear.



I think this white crochet dress is adorable. The bow is what sold it for me.




I really need to stock up on boluses. I usually have great luck at thrift stores finding great "old lady blouses". I know it sounds ugly but they are quite striking. I get more compliments on them then some of my more expensive pieces. I believe it true that fashion does repeat itself and these blouses echo today's style. I pull it off very well.



I've always wanted a cape... not a creepy goth cape but a sweet little demure cape like the plaid one above. How darling. I'm always attracted to everything polka dot. I've had to teach myself to to stop buying polka dot dresses as I have about 5 hanging in my closet at the moment.

I have one maxi skirt right now and don't exactly know what top to wear it with yet. I haven't had time to play around and experiment with my clothes that much lately. This weekend would be a good time to figure it out. Mandy has a white and black heart pattern maxi skirt that I borrowed for awhile. I wore it twice and loved it. I think she bought it from asos.


Definitely going to invest in bold jewelry. I want to be able to wear button up collared shirts with a bold necklace to play it up.




A bright bag will jazz up my outfits. I have a yellow clutch that I bought from a thrift store but it's a little bit on the 80's side and not in a good way. Maybe I'll give it a second chance and break it out for a night on the town.


I don't wear glasses anymore since I had lasik but I always thought I looked good in them. Would I be too much of a hipster to get faux eyeglasses. I know my friends would give me hell for it.

I'm always using my hands and are really tough on them since I crochet on a daily basis. Because of that reason I hardly ever paint my nails because it chips so easily. I still have a huge collection of nail lacquer because I just can't help myself... I have to buy them anyway. I'm a big fan of Essie but this brand looks swell.


Tights are a must in my wardrobe. I have a huge collection of them. I usually buy them at Target because they are cheap and durable. I wash them in the regular wash but put them in a pillow case so they won't snag... seems to have worked so far.





Lastly..... shoes! I need new flats and heels. The orange ones are looking pretty hot. I love a surprise pop of color. Also the green ones are awesome. I can't wear a heal that is too high. It's not worth it to me to be in pain. These heals seem like they would be comfortable enough to wear.

For more beautiful clothes check out Ruche.

xoxo