Sunday, January 20, 2013

electric light

Heya guys and gals. I Found some awesome images of vintage signs. I've always been attracted to the geometric shapes and colors of The Mid Century style.... and I just adore retro, neon signage from that era. It reminds me of the show Mad Men with women in wiggle dresses and men smoking cigars and drinking whiskey in cheap hotels and little diner's with formica tables off the side of the road. I do love that Genre. Here are some vintage, retro signage that I found that echos that era. 












I know it wasn't much of a post this time, all visual which isn't bad. You can also stop by my post about Mid Century wall art. This photo below I took myself.... do you recognize it? It's from the movie "Dazed and Confused". It was filmed here in Austin, Texas. I thought it would be a nice addition to the post. If you haven't seen the movie it's pretty much a cult classic now. 



Hope you've enjoyed my post. There will be more Mid Century Posts in the future so stay tuned.

xo